The PLC and Troop Committee had a great meeting today and came up the following activity plan for the next 12 months. Please see the calendar for specific dates.
- August – Rock Climbing @ Space City Climbing Gym
- September – Kayaking on the Colorado River (Columbus)
- October – Camping @ Garner State Park
- November – Fall Camp @ Edgewood
- December/January – Winter Camp @ Lost Pines
- February – Camping at Colorado Bend and hiking and climbing at Enchanted Rock
- March – Backpacking @ Lost Maples
- April – Bay Area Council Scoutorama
- May – TBD (Scoutorama moved)
- June – Summer Camp at Winahpay Mountain Camp, New Mexico
- July – Summer Camp at Camp Pirtle, Texas
After a short break, the Troop 678 website is alive once more. It is still certainly a work in progress, so please pardon our dust. Come back soon to see what’s new!
We were first chartered in 1993 and recently celebrated our 25th anniversary. Troop 678 has generated over 90 Eagle Scouts.
We typically plan at least one outing a month. This includes at least one summer camp; we love going to Colorado but mix it up with other premier camps in Texas and nearby states. We also do a winter camp at Thanksgiving or Christmas. Sometimes we do both! Our favorite destinations for weekend activities include chilling out in the Frio River at Garner State Park and rock climbing at Enchanted Rock.
All of scouting is designed to promote physical, mental, and spiritual excellence. Troop 678 lives this. Every one of our scouts is somebody important. He holds himself to these standards: