COVID-19 has affected the Houston area, but Troop 678 is still active. We have moved online! For at least the remainder of 2020, this is how the troop will operate. Meetings, rank advancements, and campouts will be conducted virtually. The troop is adhering to Council regulations regarding troop activities. That does not mean we aren’t still active, but we are following safe practices and Restart Scouting Checklists.
If you would like to join the troop or are already a member and looking for the online information, contact us here.
Several of us helped out last weekend at Camp K. We helped over 50 Webelos build fires in specially made Minecraft Creeper stoves.
We got wet.
We broke a chair.
Here’s Jackson trying to figure out what happened. Kyler isn’t telling.
We made a lot of fires.
The PLC and Troop Committee had a great meeting today and came up the following activity plan for the next 12 months. Please see the calendar for specific dates.
- August – Rock Climbing @ Space City Climbing Gym
- September – Kayaking on the Colorado River (Columbus)
- October – Camping @ Garner State Park
- November – Fall Camp @ Edgewood
- December/January – Winter Camp @ Lost Pines
- February – Camping at Colorado Bend and hiking and climbing at Enchanted Rock
- March – Backpacking @ Lost Maples
- April – Bay Area Council Scoutorama
- May – TBD (Scoutorama moved)
- June – Summer Camp at Winahpay Mountain Camp, New Mexico
- July – Summer Camp at Camp Pirtle, Texas
After a short break, the Troop 678 website is alive once more. It is still certainly a work in progress, so please pardon our dust. Come back soon to see what’s new!